$6,000 community funded goal
With your support, we can make our educational trip a possibility again!
Over the past five years, we have taken 100+ Napa Valley scholar warriors on an Annual Educational Field Trip to Los Angeles. With your support, we will embark on our 6th Annual Educational Trip to Los Angeles from March 25-28, 2018! Your donation is critical in ensuring that our youth participate in a life-changing opportunity. Your financial contribution will specifically support food and ground transportation. During the four-day trip, our youth will engage in self-reflection, critical thinking and become inspired to deepen their transformational journey. We hope you can support our scholar warriors! #legacy2LA
learn more about #legacy2LA
WHo are we?
The LEGACY Youth Project (LYP) is a social justice education program committed to the healing, transformation, and liberation of Napa Valley youth. Through our Heartwork Pedagogy, we cultivate humanizing opportunities for our scholar warriors to lead, rejoice, and thrive. Currently, we serve 100+ students in 6-12th grade at four school sites within Napa Valley Unified School District. To learn more, click here.
Why are we fundraising?
Community support has made it possible for over 100 Napa Valley youth to participate in our Annual Educational Field Trips to Los Angeles. This experience will inspire 21 youth between 10-12th grade in their journey of transformation by exploring higher education, developing relationships with other organizations who share a similar mission, hearing inspirational stories from participants of Homeboy Industries, and learning from their peers in a new environment. For many students, it will be their first time in the city of Los Angeles, the beach, and the first time away from home.
What will we do?
This is an educational field trip and we are excited to participate in the following areas:
- College/Career Exploration: We will be visiting and receiving a campus tour from Napa Valley students currently at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)! The university tour will allow our youth to gain insight into college, ask questions to current students, and explore their future possibilities.
- Life Skills Development: We will spend a full day at one of our partner organizations, Homeboy Industries, the largest formerly gang-involved and previously incarcerated intervention center in the United States. While at Homeboy Industries, we will eat breakfast at Homegirl Café, tour the facility and engage in an array of on-site workshops. Click here for more information.
- Relationships & Team Building: Our entire trip will strengthen the relationships between our youth and staff. Additionally, we will spend an afternoon at Santa Monica Pier (beach) and engage multiple team development activities!
How will my donation be used?
In addition to a transformational experience, your generous contribution will assist in providing:
- Meals: 3 meals a day for each youth
- Transportation: Ground transportation from Napa to Los Angeles over a 4-day road trip
We use a safe and secure online giving program that protects your information.